Access Services Rep 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Access Services Representative 1 obtains current and accurate
demographics and insurance information in order to register
patient, verify insurance benefits, and negotiate and collect
patient financial responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Conducts and documents patient interviews to obtain demographic
and financial data for registration, insurance verification,
precertification and billing.
- Registers patient at multiple locations and work multiple areas
within the department. Understands the patient flow processes in
each area. Identifies process improvement opportunities that
promote team concepts with co-workers while improving revenue cycle
functions and the patient experience.
- Interacts on an ongoing basis with other areas and departments
in order to provide appropriate information related to such items
as: patient delays, change of schedules Intra-departmentally and
- Verifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage and
appropriate benefit levels for anticipated services. Calculates and
collects patient liability dues according to financial clearance
policies related to existing and bad debt accounts. Determines
patient liability and advises patient of deposit requirements per
policy. Negotiates payment arrangements with patient where
necessary per policy.
- May be responsible for performing cashiering responsibilities
according to established policies and procedures; could potentially
consume the bulk of the incumbent?s responsibilities within the
- Assists patients to nursing units by providing directions,
personal escort and medical mobility assistance (ex; wheelchairs),
- Adheres to compliance with regard to order validations, cash
policy requirements, government payor requirements and patient
safety requirements for appropriate patient identification.
- Appropriately escalates potential service issues to management
when necessary.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Requires good listening, interpersonal and communication
skills, and professional, pleasant and respectful telephone
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a highly
stressful and emotional environment, to include crime, behavioral
health and suffering patients in addition to life or death
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of empathy with the
ability to effectively communicate with patients and family members
during traumatic events, while demonstrating exceptional customer
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple, changing priorities in
an effective and organized manner.
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing and computer navigational
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office.BENEFITS
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Access Services Rep 1, Sales , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!