Decision Science Analyst Senior (100% Remote Work Available)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Decision Science
Analyst Senior for our Plano, TX, or this person may also work
remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise.
Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical
and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative
analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to
action' recommendations to answer business objectives and motivate
change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science
Analyst involves gathering, manipulating, and synthesizing data
(e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other
relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations
resulting in implementable strategies. Job Requirements About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Leverages sophisticated business, analytical and technical
knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross functional
teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business
objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Applies advanced analytical techniques to tackle business
problems that are typically medium to large scale with significant
impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action'
recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to
optimally present to various levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant
points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources
required to fully answer and address the problem for the
recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and resolves
appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly details assumptions, methodology, validation and
testing to facilitate peer reviews and compliance
- Understands and embraces emerging technology that can affect
the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative
analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys
understanding, influences various levels of management, garners
support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and
influences business strategy.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing
- Remains informed on current data and analytics trends, (Ex:
Cloud, Data Mining, Python, Neural Networks, Sensor data, IoT,
- Sees opportunities to continue to learn in the data and
analytics space, whether informal (E.g., Coursera, Udemy, Kaggle,
Code Up, etc.) or formal (E.g. Certifications or advanced
coursework). Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as
Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences,
Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or
other quantitative discipline OR 4 years work experience in
statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related
experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to
the minimum years of work experience required.
- 6 years of progressive functional business experience within
the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank,
Finance, etc.) to include 4 years of experience in data & analytics
Or Advanced degree in Business, Science, Finance, Mathematics,
Economics or relevant discipline and 4 years of experience in
data/analytics or functional business experience within the
respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance,
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical
techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools, data visualization,
developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or
other analysis software, and relevant industry data & methods and
ability to connect external insights to business problems.
- Experience with new and emerging data sets, and incorporation
(data wrangling, data munging) into new insights. Preferred
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics
- Deep expertise with digital / click-stream data and
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Ability to independently formulate hypotheses and work towards
proving / disproving assumptions
- Ability to present data-based evidence to inform and influence
senior leadership. The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200.00 -
$158,900*(this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Rowlett , Decision Science Analyst Senior (100% Remote Work Available), Professions , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!