Hyperbaric Tech 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Hyperbaric Tech 2, under the supervision of the
hyperbaric Safety Director, assumes responsibility for the safe and
effective operation, control, and maintenance of the compression
chamber system and supporting components. Helps prepare the patient
for treatment, operates the chamber during treatment, monitors the
patients during treatment and delivers care appropriate to the
Tech?s level of training in accordance with standard policies and
procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares the hyperbaric chamber, equipment and materials needed
for patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) treatments.
Processes (cleans and properly stores) equipment/supplies used in
the hyperbaric environment and/or department.
- Operates the compression chamber and supporting components and
maintains operating, maintenance, safety logs and other required
documentation, as specified in department policy. Assists and
performs required preventative and other maintenance, ensuring
compliance with published preventive maintenance schedules. Reports
needed repairs to the hyperbaric system to the safety
- Carries out hyperbaric oxygen treatment protocols, as
prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician, and actively participates
in patient teaching pertaining to HBO treatments. Monitors patients
and hyperbaric systems during the course of hyperbaric oxygen
treatments, reports unusual occurrences, and records appropriate
entries in the medical record, as required.
- Helps maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
members, by ensuring that adequate and safe decompression
procedures are utilized for all personnel with a hyperbaric
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse responses in patients within the department and/or
hyperbaric environment, and develops and supervises chamber drills
that are designed to improve staff response to emergency
- Reviews all department safety incidents, collects information
regarding equipment/patient safety, reports relevant incidents to
- Validates in-chamber safety training for new employees before
their initial entry into the hyperbaric chamber. Monitors
qualifications of inside-chamber attendants on a monthly basis and
ensures compliance of staff members.
- As one of the department's Technical Trainers, assists in
training staff on emergency procedures, hyperbaric physiology,
decompression tables, equipment operations and safety, and
- Ensures department compliance with the requirements of NFPA 99,
and appropriate chapter and appendixes related to, Hyperbaric
Facilities and reviews all applicable regulations. Fosters a
positive relationship between the department and Marshall of the
local Fire Department, EMS Director, and Pressure Vessel Inspector,
as appropriate.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Advanced understanding of Hyperbaric Care modalities,
therapies, equipment and medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both orally and
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control, and
isolation procedures at all times.
- Able to balance multiple demands and respond to time
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.
- Additional medical clearance is required before working inside
a hyperbaric chamber.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package
includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience-
- Registered Respiratory Therapi (RRT)
- ACLS (ACLS): ACLS in 30 days of hire or transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS in 30 days of hire or
- Cert Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT), Cert Hyperbaric Wound
Special (CHTWS): Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) or
Certified Hyperbaric Wound Care Specialist (CHWS) is
required.Location- Lake PointeRespiratory-Hyperbaric TechFT
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Hyperbaric Tech 2, Other , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!