Anesthesia Tech 2 - Midshift
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Anesthesia Technician 2 assists Anesthesiologists
with routine to complex procedures before, during, and after
anesthesia procedures. Prepares, calibrates and verifies proper
working order of equipment prior to procedures. Cleans anesthesia
equipment and work area. Stocks anesthesia supplies in Operating
Rooms, and satellite anesthesia areas such as GI Lab and
Radiology.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Arranges drugs and basic sterile set-up of instrument table
with supplies required for anesthesia procedures in Operating Rooms
and satellite anesthesia areas.
- Ensures anesthesia cart and supply cabinets contain adequate
supplies for procedures.
- Assists Anesthesiologist with procedure by passing supplies,
instruments, and lines.
- Cleans tables, equipment, and work area in Operating Rooms upon
completion of each case as assigned.
- Answers intercom to respond to requests for supplies and drugs
from Nurse Anesthetists, Anesthesiologist, and Surgical Teams, and
retrieves supplies and drugs from Pharmacist and other supply areas
and delivers to Operating Rooms.
- Washes, dries, and prepares for sterilization all
non-disposable anesthesia equipment such as laryngoscope, blades,
oxygen masks, and humidifiers.
- Checks equipment to ensure working order and report any issues
to Biomedical Engineering.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of anesthesiology principles and
practices, modalities, therapies, terminology, medications and
- Skill in preparing operating room for required purposes.
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to clean and perform preventive maintenance on
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package
includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelLocation - Baylor Medical Center of
Lakepointe (Rowlett,TX)Unit/Dept - Anesthesia
ServicesShift/Schedule - Monday thru Friday 1030am - 7pm (Call
Required- 8 call shifts every 6 weeks) -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - -Basic Life
Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Anesthesia Tech 2 - Midshift, Other , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!