Monitor Tech Days 1K Sign On Bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*$1K Sign On Bonus Elgible
* JOB SUMMARY*
The Monitor Technician monitors, records, interprets and documents
the electrocardiograph tracings of patients on telemetry monitors.
This position recognizes and reports arrhythmias to medical or
* Location: Rowlett*
* Unit: Telemetry Monitoring Unit*
* Shift: FT Days*
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Operates complex cardiac monitoring systems, including ECG rhythm
screens, computerized dysrhythmia detection system and rhythm
* Observes and documents ECG monitors according to established
guidelines, and reports to appropriate staff the necessary
information such as patient name, room number, cardiac rhythm,
dysrhythmia, and life-threatening situations.
* Maintains, monitors, cleans equipment and reports any
malfunctions to the appropriate Biomed individual.
* Sets up central station. Monitors alarms, troubleshoots false
alarms, and corrects improper lead placement.
* Assists with rhythm interpretation and dysrhythmia detection.
Labels monitor strips to indicate significant events such as
defibrillation, electrical-cardioversion, CPR and code medication
* Records information in patient's log and maintains accurate, neat
account of patient's cardiac monitoring status during episode of
care. Identifies and records patient's rhythm and changes in
patient rhythm and condition.
* KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Must be enrolled in appropriate educational program to receive
Cardiac Rhythm Test within one year if current certification is not
* Knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the heart in relation to
waves, complexes, time and voltage as shown through the conduction
system and strip interpretation.
* Knowledge of telemetry services.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work cooperatively with members of the healthcare
* Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in
the workload and work schedules.
* Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond
quickly to emergencies.
* Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients,
physicians, or others in a professional manner.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
* EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Monitor Tech Days 1K Sign On Bonus, Other , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!