The Sales and Account Manager III is responsible for leading
market development and new strategic sales (independent and small
chain, retail store fronts) in an assigned territory. The position
is responsible for professionally promoting all MoneyGram products
to new and existing retail establishments with the goal of
achieving sales growth in their respective territories. The Sales
and Account Manager III is also responsible for developing and
executing sales plans, coordinate efforts with territory partners
in a team environment, accurately complete routine reports and be
compliant with regulatory and company guidelines.
* Generates leads and calls on prospects to drive strategic new
* Sales focus will be strategic with focus on competitive
takeaways, as well as small to medium sized businesses, including;
retailers, check casher, ethnic merchants and financial
* Demonstrates thorough knowledge of MoneyGram products and
services and competitor products and services to further educate
business owners and decision makers.
* Participates in tradeshows and other industry meetings as
* Plans and manages corridor and product (Money Orders,
MoneyGram Money Transfers, Bill Payments, and prepaid Cards)
strategies to drive volume growth in coordination with marketing
managers, corridor managers, and product managers.
* Maintains up-to-date database to document sales call
information, trends, future call objectives, sampling data and
overall sales performance.
* Use all available data and reporting to identify growth
opportunities within sales territory.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or
related professional designations/certifications in this field is
* Minimum Required: BA/BS degree in related field preferred or
equivalent work experience
* 5+ years' experience in a field sales role, selling, and
servicing retail customers.
* Demonstrated expertise in independently planning, managing and
executing sales strategies.
* Proven track record in sales, with a demonstrated ability to
increase network expansion/volumes.
* Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining
customer/client relationships and identifying opportunities to
improve business success for both parties.
* Prior exposure in presenting product/service opportunities to
* First class interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain
credible relationships with Agents in person and over the
* Strong presentation skills; ability to present to prospective
Agents in a professional format.
* Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize own
workload and liaison with a geographically dispersed team.
* Excellent problem solving skills; able to effectively and
proactively identify and analyze problems and find appropriate
* Commercial acumen; able to work with key business partners to
maximize business capacity for all parties.
* Able to work in a culturally diverse environment and be
sensitive to cultural differences.
* Fluent in both written and spoken in local language. Fluency
in English / Spanish preferred.
* Computer literate - able to use Microsoft suite of