Java Software Engineer Web Services Mid Level
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobThis Job Posting is for multiple openings
available in 2020.
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer - Mid Level
for our office in Plano, TX. Provides support to the Enterprise and
has an opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth
and effectiveness through delivering best in class technology
solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and
application development lifecycle which include; gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting and
implementing software, responding to outages. Identify and manage
existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and
ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be
measured, monitored and controlled.Job RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT USAA ITOur most
important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't
just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million
members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Design, develop, code, and test technical solutions
collaborating with senior engineers.
- Participate in code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- May begin to help organize work to deliver features and
- Resolves simple production issues with some assistance through
troubleshooting applications independently.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study OR Certification
from an approved technical field of study OR 4 additional years of
I/T experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a
- AND 2 years of software engineering/development experience
utilizing Java with experience working with Web Services REST or
- 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
- 1+ years in AGILE methodology
- 1+ years experience integrating with backend services like JMS,
J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Ability to implement container based APIs using a container
frameworks OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2,
- Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around
continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
- Experience testing in REST services
- Experience in design and develop automated test
frameworkDESIRED CHARACTERISTICSUSAA Java Engineers create
innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Exceptionally detail-orientedThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is notavailable for
this position. Associated topics: .net, algorithm, application,
develop, sde, sdet, software developer, software development
engineer, software programmer, sw
Keywords: USAA, Rowlett , Java Software Engineer Web Services Mid Level, IT / Software / Systems , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!