Lab QA Spec II
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 13, 2022
JOB SUMMARYHIRING IMMEDIATELY -The Lab QA Specialist 2 develops,
coordinates, monitors, and maintains department policies relating
to inspection readiness, employee safety, and quality assurance,
including employee education and training on department
responsibilities and safety. Maintains understanding of a broad
range of external regulatory standards as related to laboratory
operations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Coordinates the laboratory safety team and consults with the
laboratory and institutional safety director on all safety policies
and procedures. Ensures that safety standards and regulations are
followed by laboratory staff.
- Establishes and maintains regulatory compliance and safety
policies as required by external regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA,
TJC, CAP, CLIA, etc.).
- Develops, coordinates, conducts, and maintains documentation of
employee continuing education, safety education, and training.
- Maintains records for CME and employee competency, as required
and in coordination with management, supervisors, and human
- Oversees department quality plans and all associated local
quality initiatives. Performs all delegated functions as defined by
facility CLIA Director.
- Monitors laboratories to ensure regulatory compliance and
reports findings to appropriate institutional and departmental
- Instructs MT and MLT students, Pathology Residents, and Medical
Students in safety and regulatory issues.
- Represents the department as an active member of institutional
safety and quality improvement committees.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Provides training and opportunities for continuing
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.BENEFITSOur
competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- LOCATION - BSW Lake Pointe and oversight for remote testing
- SHIFT - Day Monday - Friday occasional flex shifts -
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the
- EXPERIENCE - 4 Years of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - B.S. and minimum 4 years generalist
experience, prior QA experience -
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - - -ASCP - Blood
Banking (ASCP-BB), ASCP-Chemistry Technologist (ASCP-C),
ASCP-Cytogenetics Technologist (ASCP-CG), ASCP-Hematology
Technologist (ASCP-H), ASCP-Microbiology Technologist (ASCP-M),
Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB), ASCP-Blood Banking
Specialist (ASCP-SBB), ASCP-Chemistry Specialist (ASCP-SC),
ASCP-Hematology Specialist (ASCP-SH), ASCP-Microbiology Specialist
(ASCP-SM), Cert Histocompatibility (CHS), Cert Hyperbaric
Technologist (CHT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Certified
in Thanatology (CT), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical
Technologist (MT): Must have one of the
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Lab QA Spec II, Healthcare , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!