Bio Medical Equipment Technician II
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 10, 2022
JOB DUTIES -Under the direction of the Clinical Engineering
Manager, the Biomedical Equipment Technician II is responsible for
installations, repairs, regular maintenance and calibration of most
classes of medical equipment at the component level. - May offer
guidance to Biomedical Equipment Tech I staff. - May offer
in-service and individual training for equipment users on subjects
such as electrical safety, proper operation and care of the
equipment. - Will monitor the work of outside vendors to ensure
quality standards are met. - -ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -
- Performs installations, regular maintenance, repairs, and
calibrations on assigned medical equipment to ensure proper
operation and function.
- Performs all assignments in a competent and timely manner
according to current policies and procedures.
- Monitors service provided by outside vendors, and thus
responsible for quality control of service provided.
- Establishes equipment baselines, performs inspections and
evaluations, interprets test results and makes recommendations to
solve performance deficiencies.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of medical
equipment at a component level.
- Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections
- Uses diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and
- Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes,
standards, and manufacturers
- Works with new hires and cross-trains on systems and equipment
to ensure proper operation of equipment and techniques for testing,
calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems and
- Establishes and maintains files of supporting literature for
each piece of medical equipment, such as the manufacturers
technical literature, reference standards, specifications and other
documents necessary to ensure compliance with all local, state, and
federal regulatory agencies including TJC.
- Assists in writing detailed purchase specifications for new
- Accurately and legibly accounts for productive time using the
departments computerized maintenance management systems.
- Assists with the administrative record keeping responsibilities
of the department, such as work orders, maintenance history
records, PM and safety inspections, repairs, reports, and repair
parts inventory; as well as any necessary reports to ensure
accurate recording of activities for code and regulatory
- Processes work requests and turns in completed work requests in
a timely, results oriented and professional manner.
- With management approval uses the electronic system to order
necessary parts, devices, etc. to properly repair or complete
assigned work orders.
- Uses department hardware and software to electronically process
and close work orders and PM assignments.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate
- Ensures proper care of equipment and tools issued for maximum
safety and productivity and adheres to all personal safety
- Diligently maintains all tools and equipment in clean, safe,
- May recommend new equipment or equipment upgrades and review
possible new capital expenditures.
- Maintains adequate inventory of related parts to perform
- Maintains technical skills and required certifications to
perform job duties.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and wears the proper
Personal Protective Equipment required by the job.
- Responds to emergency situations to ensure employee, patient
and facility safety.
- Champions overall safety in the department. Reports possible
safety issues and recommends appropriate changes.
- Complies with OSHA, and other local, state, and federal
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the philosophy and values
of Baylor Scott and White Health.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service
attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Responds
professionally to customer needs.
- Cooperates and collaborates with the Scott & White leadership
to champion and meet the strategic goals of Baylor Scott & White
- Adheres to BSWH and the Support Service Departments policies
and procedures including appropriate attire and grooming.
- Works to actively meet and exceed the performance improvement
goals set by the department and or BSWH and all quality improvement
- Willing to serve on departmental and/or BSWH committees or
focus groups as requested and needed.
- May be asked to advise healthcare management on biomedical
equipment and serve as a member of committees on Risk Management,
Environment of Care, Safety, or other appropriate groups.
- Interacts in a friendly effective manner, builds relationships,
and demonstrates a high level of cooperation and customer
- Communicates effectively with the Clinical Engineering manager
and other Biomedical Equipment Technicians on a regular, formal and
informal, basis to discuss possible concerns or problems with the
Clinical Engineering department and/or any medical equipment.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a
competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to participate in on-call
rotation.Specialty/Department/Practice - [Enter Spec/Dept/Prac] -
(i.e. Critical Care, Radiology, Family Care) -Shift/Schedule -
[Enter Shift & Schedule] - (i.e. Days, Nights, PRN or Weekends; 30
hours/week_full-time_part-time)Benefits - Our competitive benefits
package includes*Immediate eligibility for health and welfare
benefits401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
5%Tuition ReimbursementPTO accrual beginning Day 1*Note: Benefits
may vary based upon position type and/or level. -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 3 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain
valid TX DL within 90 days of hire. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Bio Medical Equipment Technician II, Healthcare , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!