Supv Cardiac Rehabilitation - 10K Sign-on Bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
-10K Sign-On BonusJOB SUMMARYThe Supervisor, Cardiac
Rehabilitation is responsible for assisting the manager in
planning, organizing, developing and managing the operations of the
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program, including all activities
related to staffing, work assignments, hiring/termination,
performance reviews, orientation and professional
development.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Supervises cardiopulmonary rehab staff to ensure an effective
and efficient operation. Coordinates and administers personnel
policies and procedures related to selection, orientation,
training, assignment and staffing, discipline, and discharge of
staff members in compliance with Baylor Scott & White policies and
procedures, state and federal labor laws. Ensures that staff
members maintain level of clinical skills necessary to provide
quality patient care.
- Ensures compliance with department and Baylor Scott & White
policies, procedures, practices and standards defined by state,
federal, Joint Commission, OSHA, and other regulatory
- Acts as liaison for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services
with medical staff, administrative personnel, patients and public
- Promotes the development of clinical studies and research by
staff. Encourages and assists with program development to coincide
with the needs of the medical community. Develops strategies for
program development by attending professional meetings, associating
with peers and reviewing professional journals.
- Develops timely budget requests to provide appropriate
staffing, equipment and supplies to maintain quality, safe patient
care. Administers budget to decrease expenses and increase revenues
as possible. Ensures that department records, manuals and
directives are current and readily available for review. Prepares
appropriate reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Establishes a climate that reduces obstacles and promotes staff
to improve personal and departmental performance. Ensures that
students and staff receive appropriate training and experience
while upholding professional, medical and ethical standards.
- Conducts staff meetings to expand professional knowledge and
communicate operational needs. Encourages staff to pursue specialty
certifications and continuing education to enhance clinical
- Takes responsibility to understand, complete and maintain
professional and technical licensure/certifications required of
this position. Attends professional and education programs when
available. Reviews current rehab related medical literature and
regulatory requirements. Presents staff in-services as
- Reviews medical documentation and patient history. Selects and
accurately performs appropriate tests and measures. Develops
effective treatment plans and objective goals with timeframes.
Communicates the role of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services to
patients and significant others.
- Establishes rapport with patient in a professional manner.
Develops effective programs and applies therapeutic principles
appropriately. Supervises, instructs, assists, and monitors patient
performance and physical status to evaluate effectiveness of
program. Maintains effective communication with other patient care
providers. Utilizes staff effectively to implement plan of care and
achieve goals.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of cardiovascular health and rehabilitation,
wellness, and the implications to individual hospital associates,
corporate, and community patients.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including early morning
hours, and evening hours.
- Possess a personal interest in primary and secondary cardiac
prevention and promote a positive image in the community to market
- Basic medical terminology knowledge pertaining to heart
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and data
entry.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - - -Basic Life
Support (BLS) - - - - - - -ACLS (ACLS): BLS and ACLS within 30 days
of hire or transfer. - - - - - - -Cert Clin Exercise Specialist
(ACSM), ACSM-Cert Exercise Physiolo (ACSM-EPC), Cert Cardiac Rehab
Prof (CCRP), NSCA-Cert Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT), Registered
Nurse (RN), Registered Respiratory Therapi (RRT): Must have at
least one of the following ACSM-CEP,CCRP,NSCA-CPT,RN,RRT Must have
at least one of the following ACSM-CEP,CCRP,NSCA-CPT,RN,RRT. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Rowlett , Supv Cardiac Rehabilitation - 10K Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!