Program/Project Management Lead - Design Practices & CoE
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Program / Project
Management Lead for a hybrid position at our San Antonio, TX
Corporate Office, Austin, TX Design Studio or Plano Legacy office,
OR 100% remote
Facilitates and leads the execution and delivery of moderately to
highly complex non-IT work efforts intended to accomplish business
goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
Demonstrates an expert understanding of how activities contribute
to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational
objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders, vendors and
project/program teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for
competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives
are met.Job RequirementsFor related project experience to be
considered outside of a (Program/Project Management) title, please
upload a project list of all program/project management experience.
The project list should include: project summary, role, and project
timeframe (including percentage of time dedicated to the project,
i.e. March2018-May 2019, 50% of time). Failure to provide this
documentation may result in disqualification -About USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
level. -Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. -
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities. -
- Drives implementation of moderately to highly complex work
typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility
to achieve strategic business goals and operational
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to
achieve program and milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established risk management practices to
address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and
costs, in adherence with risk management framework.
- Accountable for planning, directing and coordinating activities
for moderately complex and work efforts to accomplish goals and
objectives within a specified timeframe, scope and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and
reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key
- Communicates with work efforts stakeholders and
executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through
root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project
challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and
operational objectives are met.
- Develops, tracks and oversees project budgets that may include
necessary capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor
funding requirements. -
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity
amongst project stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Defines the control and the overall delivery of the work
efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted
stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s)
- Identifies and determines interdependencies of work within a
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine
benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective
- Proactively manages risk by using work efforts management
practices to address execution challenges associated with quality,
schedule and cost and supports escalation to resolve.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools and templates (as required).
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
- When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience in project or program
management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and
- Experience on project and program management and execution
experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized
program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including
providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level
- Extensive experience leading complex projects with significant
number of deliverables including information technology and
dependencies across organization; working within defined scope and
budgets with aggressive timelines.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and
- Supporting the Design Practice Executive with experience in
Human Centered Design/Design Thinking, Design Research, Service
Design, Emerging Design practices, and DesignOps
- Demonstrated ability producing and managing cross-functional
and integrated roadmap initiatives.
- Expertise in Agile frameworks and ways of working
- Experience with Design business analytics and metrics
- Expertise in Mural, Keynote, Slack, Sketch and Figma
- Experience in Clarity, Rally and Jira
- Advise and mentor individuals with a focus on their
professional development, stakeholder management, conflict
resolution, and by understanding their challenges and answering
- Partner with Design Directors to ensure resources are assigned
to highest priority work and ensure focus by reducing noise and
distraction.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700*( this does
not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. -Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - -Benefits: -At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Rowlett , Program/Project Management Lead - Design Practices & CoE, Executive , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!