Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Insurance
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Manager Senior,
Information Technology for our Plano, TX facility.
This person will manage a team of Data Engineers in PNC supporting
data analytics modernization efforts.
Manager Senior, IT manages one or more analytical, business or
technical support activities. Authorizes and influences the
development and delivery of business solutions that enable optimal
business performance. Provides and is accountable for technical
leadership in the plan, design, development, testing,
implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Leads and
directs change management, process improvement, or technical
support initiatives. Provides direction and analytical support and
directs business plan development to execute initiatives. Advises
senior management and provides high level consulting. This position
is typically responsible for managing a team of employees engaged
in one functional activity.Job RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We
embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA ITOur most important qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.We are over
5,000 employees strong,--a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.See what it's like to work for a
company where your passion meets our purpose:PRIMARY
- HUMAN RESOURCES: First level people management responsibilities
include hiring, termination, performance management and pay
- Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in
expected behaviors and activities.
- Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and
- Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem
- DOMAIN: Operational Management (Day to Day): Accountable for
the day to day operation of technical domain.
- Engages and involves all necessary USAA teams as
- Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to
ensure health and progress within respective domains.
- Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands,
priorities, challenges, or obstacles.
- Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work
unit, consistent with the organization's mission, strategy and
- Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with
defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Each manager is expected to manage and
forecast unit level expenses which may include department
allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program,
software and vendor expenses.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effectively manages
relationships with customer and supporting teams during execution
of unit responsibilities.
- Communicates appropriately with teams, customers, and peers
through all communication channels.
- Follows up on critical issues in a timely manner.
- VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manages and leverages the
relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of domain
- May be responsible for vendor management activities including
service agreements, staff augmentation and technology
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a business, analytical or
technology support function to include 3 or more years as a team
lead or manager in a relevant business function or technology
environment.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions.-- This will take approximately 5
minutes.-- Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- 5+ years' experience as a Data Engineer, Technical Data Lead,
or Data Architect
- 3+ years' experience in large scale data transformations to
include data migration and adoption of cloud warehousing
- Experience partnering with senior executive stakeholders to
manage deliverables and dependencies across multiple
- Experience hiring, building, and coaching high performing data
- Experience managing vendor partnershipsThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.--
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/12/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Rowlett , Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Insurance, Executive , Rowlett, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!